12 Sep Control Your Attitude or it Will Control You
You can’t hide your attitude. It is the chief part of you that the world sees. And it alters not only their perception of you but also your perception of yourself. The state of your spirit and mind influences your choices and determines your words and your actions.
Attitude is tangible, friend. It’s real, and it matters. We may not control all of our life circumstances, but we can control our attitudes and how we react to our situations. I’m not sure about you, but the Covid-19 pandemic has forced me to do some attitude reevaluation. Sometimes several times a day. This world we are living in right now is tough! So how do we deal with it and our attitudes?
God has given us the ability to stand outside of ourselves and test our thoughts. Isn’t that a blessing?! You and I can stand on God’s Word to capture toxic thoughts, and then we can counteract them with godly wisdom.
We can’t change yesterday. It’s over. We can’t undo the mistakes, disappointments, and failures. That includes both our mistakes and the failures of others. We don’t get a do over. It’s gone. But, if we allow the pain of yesterday to spill into our today, we poison our potential for positive forward results in our lives. And I know you want positive forward results, just like I do!
We all deal with challenges and difficulties, often daily. It’s exhausting to navigate the stormy waters of life, but I want to encourage you right now—you aren’t in your boat alone! Nothing is more overwhelming than believing all the challenges of life are your responsibility. Want to know a secret? Well, it’s not really a secret at all. Our problems, struggles, and challenges all belong to God.
God loves you and is fully aware of every circumstance you are facing right now. Your choice is to trust yourself or to trust Him.
Trust YOURSELF or Trust IN GOD. Which are you going to choose?
When you trust God, it doesn’t release you from responsibilities or obligations; it means you aren’t facing those decisions alone. Today, you can stop carrying your load all by yourself. Go to the Lord and ask Him to take control. You may need to be patient, but He is always faithful. And while He is taking care of the hard stuff, you can make sure your attitude is right.
Try saying these verses, filling your name into the blank, as you take a closer at your attitude and who you are depending on:
- I praise you because I (_____________) am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Ps. 139:14)
- Do you not know that your body (_____________) is a house of God where the Holy Spirit lives? God gave you His Holy Spirit. Now you belong to God. You do not belong to yourselves. God bought you with a great price. So (_____________) honor God with your body. You belong to Him. (1 Cor. 6:19–20)
- He fills my (_____________) life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagles! (Ps. 103:5, NLT)
- The LORD your God is with you ( _____________). He is a hero who saves you. He happily rejoices over you (____________), renews you with his love, and celebrates over you with shouts of joy. (Zeph. 3:17, GW)
- God makes his people strong (_____________). God gives his people peace. (Ps. 29:11, MSG)