life Tag

When you are in your final minutes of life looking back, what do you want to see? I want to see: A woman who gave it all she had. A woman who loved God absolutely. A wife and mother who nurtured and supported and LOVED. That I followed the path God laid out for me. That I reflected God’s love and purpose to everyone I met and everyone I loved.   I had a good start. My parents were loving. They loved God, each other, and their family. We had a happy life. My dad (happy Father’s Day, Dad!) was a warm, affirming...

Justice has Been Served A verdict has been delivered in one of the most watched trails of this decade. I’ve waited along with the rest of our country as evidence was piled on evidence, leaving little doubt that an unarmed man was willfully and painfully killed by another man, an authority figure, who knew better. Here’s what I know. Violence is part of our world, and it shouldn’t be. Racism is systemic and ugly and it shouldn’t exist. In any form. What should exist is an overpowering love for our fellow humans. That is what Jesus called us to do with our...

Do you remember the story of Esther? It kind of has the feel of a fairy tale, doesn’t it? And like most fairy tales, it contains the Divine secrets of transformation inside the life and death story. God used the most unlikely girl to save His people from genocide. She could overcome life’s challenges because of His blessing and guidance. Today, I want to encourage you with her story. Just as in Esther’s story, (1) your fate will be like that of the rest of the crowd, (2) God can and will replace you with someone else, (3) you could lose...

You can’t hide your attitude. It is the chief part of you that the world sees. And it alters not only their perception of you but also your perception of yourself. The state of your spirit and mind influences your choices and determines your words and your actions. Attitude is tangible, friend. It’s real, and it matters. We may not control all of our life circumstances, but we can control our attitudes and how we react to our situations. I’m not sure about you, but the Covid-19 pandemic has forced me to do some attitude reevaluation. Sometimes several times a day....

We are created by God to live in relationship, both with Him and with others. What an amazing blessing He has given us! That blessing, our relationships, comes to fruition when we make and maintain loving connections with others. God created us to be in community with others. We are a community of believers. Part of the family of God. We are created as His children to be in relationship with Him and with those around us. Even the introverts among us! Part of being a community is connecting with others. And connecting with PURPOSE can propel you to a better future....

When obstacles come our way, they can throw us for a loop. If we are stressed already, even the smallest obstacle has a way of seeming overwhelming. And friend, I know you are stressed right now. Current statistics show that about 80% of the people in our country are experiencing heightened stress and anxiety. And I honestly think the other 20% are babies, hermits, or just have no idea what’s going on around us. Stress is part of life. How we deal with it, and how we deal with obstacles we face is what’s important. I’ve written before about ways we...

Life is strange right now, don’t you think? Some days it doesn’t feel quite real. One thing about having to stay home is that we have time to think, to plan, and to get started on making the changes we want to see in our lives. Lately I’ve been thinking about success, and the many definitions of the word. For some, success is making a lot of money. For others, it’s raising their children and providing them with a good life. Many want to start businesses, finish school, help others, become doctors, or travel the world. What does success mean to you? Here’s...

What situation in your life could benefit from forward movement if you were willing to open your mind? Take a minute to really think about this. Is there an area in your life where your thoughts are what are holding you back? You might be: In a job that doesn’t fit with your goals, but you think you have to stay for security. Ready to go back to school and get a degree, but you are stuck on the idea that college is for young people. Want to find a way to help your community, but you don’t know what you...